We got to California last Thursday, and on Friday I took the kids to Lowes to pick out paint for their rooms, with the goal of getting their rooms painted before the moving truck arrived. Oliver picked the color he wanted and Lydia demanded to have the same. "Mine blue." The color is basically the same color as their rooms back in Kansas.
Hey Jim can you go borrow a ladder from the neighbor so I can paint the bedrooms?
-Do you really need a ladder?
Ummm, have you seen how short I am? Or were you planning on painting the top?
-I'll go get a ladder
K, thanks
Painted the walls tradewind
Painted the trim blanched pine
I didn't love the wall color at first. I wanted it to be a little less blue but once their furniture was moved in it felt perfect. The house is a disaster, but the kid's rooms are lovely. We won't call these after pictures, let's call them during pictures. The after would involve fresh carpet and new closet doors.
Lydia seems to like her room. She likes reading her books and playing with her baby. She also enjoys standing next to her dressed and crash landing in her chair then jumping up and yelling "ta-da." Lydia is also sleeping fine, her regular 11ish hours, which is really the main goal.
Hey Jim can you go borrow a ladder from the neighbor so I can paint the bedrooms?
-Do you really need a ladder?
Ummm, have you seen how short I am? Or were you planning on painting the top?
-I'll go get a ladder
K, thanks
Painted the walls tradewind
Painted the trim blanched pine
I didn't love the wall color at first. I wanted it to be a little less blue but once their furniture was moved in it felt perfect. The house is a disaster, but the kid's rooms are lovely. We won't call these after pictures, let's call them during pictures. The after would involve fresh carpet and new closet doors.
![]() |
| before |
| Lydia likes baby to sleep right next to her, but in her own bed |
![]() |
| Just woke up Enjoying some pant-less book time Yes, her baby is wearing a swim diaper...you find things when you move |
| Lydia's dresser is my favorite |
| Pinterest search "free printables" so many cute things |
![]() |
| womp womp sad sad closet doors |








No comments:
Post a Comment